Sunday, May 19, 2013

Do You Want to Dance Under the Moonlight?


Do you want to dance under the moonlight
Hold me baby all through the night
Oh baby
Do you want to dance?
Do you, do you, do you
Do you want to dance with me baby...
 Do You Want to Dance - The Beachboys


My dear readers, there are a huge number of genres for fashion in Second Life.  As new Designers join the ranks of fashion producers, they bring with them a unique sense of style ll their own.  Such is the case with Ghee.  Now I love researching things, and the first item that piqued my curiosity was the origin of the name - Ghee.  I have to admit my first thought was that this is the martial arts outfit.  A quick trip to Designer Warm Clarity's profile straightened me right out:

~ghee~ is a labor of love.
____________________________________________
ghee (n.) Ghee is the pure butterfat left over after the milk solids and water are removed from butter. It's used widely in Indian cooking, and the word ghee is the Hindi word for fat. Ghee might as well be a synonym for clarified butter.
[Hindi gh, from Sanskrit ghtam; see gwher- in Indo-European roots.]


Indeed, as you will shortly see, the fashions coming out of Ghee are indeed labors of love...  For today's look I immediately looked at the Ghee Geometric dress.  This dress is available in two styles, one with hood up the other with hood down.  I chose hood down and charged on.  The very first thing you will notice is the pattern... it is bold, it is in your face, and it is trendy as all heck.  Really well done and very eye catching.

When I first saw this outfit on, I felt like dancing, so tht guided my styling choices.  Looking for a somewhat demure yet exciting club look, I added my favorite Maitreya Jazz boots in a complementary crimson to give a nice dash of color to the outfit. Sort of hard to miss huh? 
To add additional flair and a touch of excitement, I added some pieces from the FINESMITH Nes set in Ruby.  Coupled with the crimson boots, me have a stylish and sexy outfit.  As I said at the beginning, I was thinking of dancing when I started this styling.  And as soon as I finish this article, that is exactly where  am headed!  The Ghee Geometric is an exciting and versatile outfit.  It is a fun piece to play with and style. 

My poses are from Posesion's Giz and Haute sets.


xoo
Chevia

Chevia's Shopping List

Dress:  
Geometric by Ghee
Jewels: Nes by FINESMITH
Shoes:  Jazz boot by Maitreya
Poses:  Giz and Haute sets by Posesion

No comments:

Post a Comment