Sunday, May 19, 2013

An Explosion of Art...

Tonight's blog is at once an explosion of newness, and a remeberance of past joys.  But to set the stage let me first give you a quote:

My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all.

John Lennon 

As you may have gathered form that quote what I want to talk about in this article is art.  One of the most amazing aspects of Second Life for me is the plethora of arts and artists that inhabit this virtual world of ours.  From the clothing we wear, to the home we live in everything here has sprung from the imagination and talents of digital artists.   Tonight I will examine the works of two artists of Second Life.  First from Ghee is Warm Clarity, the next and certainly not least is Yula Finesmith.  From Warm I received one of her Animated gowns.  Yes, this beautiful gown is alive with swirling colors and light and movement.  It is a joy to behold.

It may be impossible for me to adequately describe this gown, but I shall try.  Imagine the pattern of this gown comes to life.  There is movement and a unique swirl that seems to circle one's body.  It is alot of fun to watch and to wear.   Well, I could go on for hours about how cool this gown is, but I'll never get this article completed, so let's trudge ahead.  
This next part is going to be hard for me.  There is only one set of jewels that could even begin to work with a dress this unique.  I am lucky that this was the set made for me by Yula Finesmith.  The Maniko set is one of the most exciting and versatile sets I've seen from FINESMITH and it fits this gown so well.  Static pictures simply do not do this combination justice.  You really have to see the two working together to get the entire picture.  Trust me on this point dear readers, this combination will ROCK any place you wear it.  Just do yourselves a favor and have the LM for Finesmith and Ghee at the ready, you will be passing them out all night...

My poses are from Posesion's Giz and Haute sets.

xoo
Chevia

Chevia's Shopping List

Dress:   Animated Gown
by Ghee
Jewels: Maniko by FINESMITH
Shoes:  Marilyn Sandals by Gos
Poses:  Giz and Haute sets by Posesion

No comments:

Post a Comment